Monday, June 22, 2015

2 - Transfer Student

Transfer Student

       Hello everybody! It's me again. In case you still don't know me, please refer to my first blog.

       Anyway, my chosen topic for this post is about the things I've encountered as a transfer student. A transfer student is someone who stops studying at one university and starts studying at another. Like any other things, being a transfer student has its own set of pros and cons. Although I have only been a transfer student for less than a month now, I can already tell the disparity between the normal student and myself. The following are some of the things I've noticed so far.

       First, as a transfer student who finished at least a semester at another institute, I have cleared some minor subjects which would be credited as I enroll in APC. This would result in the difference between my schedules and that of my regular classmates. Because of this, more often than not, I go home alone (T^T). But on the bright side, I also go home a lot earlier. (^_^)

      Second, because I'm basically older than most freshmen (although I do look old regardless), I could act more familiar with them. Even some seniors think I'm the same year as them. What I mean is, it is easier to socialize because people think I am either an equal or a senior.

Although, an adding factor for my schoolmates' seemingly respectful tone towards me is my height coupled with my unruly hair and a thin patch of mustache which is a common sight between APC senior students. (^_*)

Nevertheless, something I don't like about this is my fellow freshmen often address me as "kuya"...
I find it awkward and a little offending.
Do I really look that old?...


Feel free to criticize my looks XD

       Third, While a regular student could just enroll without paying too much attention on his subjects, a transfer student like myself must be more vigilant lest you want to get overlapping schedules. A personal experience of mine is during the time when the original schedule was revised by APC.

Thinking back, I enrolled on the first day of enrollment since I was anxious to restart my college life. Little did I know that the schedule of early enrollees was different from the later enrollees. because of this, I had a little difficulty getting new subjects that wouldn't overlap with my original schedule. Kudos to Ms. Registrar for helping me on that matter. (^_^)

Aaaah, a transfer student really could not let his guard down...

Anyway, because of that, I had to pay 1,00 Php, technically for being too excited to be back to school (the fee for changing one's schedule is 100 Php),

       Fourth, although this is a little personal and only applies to some, the amount of my allowance was significantly reduced. On my previous school, I received a monthly allowance of 2,000 Php, not including food expenses, and the fare was nil because my school was only 100 meters away from my dorm.

On the other hand, my current allowance... That's my secret for now. Haha.

Including the everyday fare I spend on commuting, I could only barely afford the food on the cafeteria. Luckily, the meals over there are delicious and they even give a free vegetable side dish and a cup of rice.

ugh... I could only thank Prime Plate and Jollibee for existing. XD

   


       So to conclude my seemingly endless banter, I would like to say that my current lifestyle as a transfer student... is not all that bad. Weighing in the advantages and disadvantages of my position, I could honestly say that there is very little to regret about it. While I admit that I am a transfer student, it is also the truth that I am not bragging about it. On the contrary, I strongly advise you not to be a transfer student unless your passion compels you to. Admitting you are a transfer student is equivalent to admitting that you made a grave mistake in the past. Always remember that some things can only be gained by losing another, and with these gain and loss, you will learn a lesson that you will never forget for the rest of your life.

" Follow your passion and keep moving forward!!! " (^_^)V



     

No comments:

Post a Comment