Tuesday, July 21, 2015

3 - Gaming Benefits

                                                              Gaming Benefits



       Hello everybody! Miss me? Ok... I guess not. But anyway, I've been away for a long time now.
Has it almost been a month already? Time sure passes by when you don't pay attention to it. And your readers also pass you by when you don't pay attention to your blogs. haha. Not that I have many readers anyway. T_T



       So my chosen topic this time is the benefits of gaming. Just to let you know, I've been into gaming since the first memory I could remember. Because of that, I've reaped much of the benefits of gaming since I was but a wee child. Don't even dare to underestimate it.



       First of all, I would like to share how I got into gaming. When I was only in kindergarten, My older brother is already in grade six. Whenever my father would come home from his seaman work, he would buy for us, toys and stuff for kids. Although, because I was the youngest, I get all the leftover stuff from my brother. Nevertheless, my brother is not the worst brother in the world, so he would occasionally let me play with his video games (poor me...). At that time, my brother owned a Gameboy Advance. Ah... the memories. I remember the games I played before: Super Mario Bros., Legend of Zelda and Pokemon. They were the golden games of the 90's.



       So ever since then, I've been interested in reading the stories of the characters in the games that I play. Aside from beating the final boss, I take pleasure in unfolding the various mysteries that covers the game. That's why I finish games a little slower than others. But I don't mind it that much. It only shows that I get to know more about a game than others.



       Anyway, I digress. So let me state some of the benefits I gained from my countless hours of gaming. One, I have a vast arsenal of words. If you have noticed, I have taken a liking on using words that may not be commonly heard on the streets. Second, I have a stronger visualization ability than people who don't do gaming. I can imagine how people look just by description. Third, my reaction time has been greatly enhanced. The coordination of the mind and the body is trained and the peripheral vision is widened. Another one is the improvement of one's logical thinking skills. This is a great survival skill, inherent to hardcore gamers who spent countless hours training their minds. such as me. :)



       So that's about it! I hope you learned even a little bit while reading this post. And with that, I'm out.








1 comment:

  1. Jayson I think, I can relate with your blog post about the benefits in gaming. Actually, I'm not that hardcore gamer and it really helped me a lot in terms of making our vision move faster than anyone. Sometimes can we play the game Counter Strike? I really missed that game! :D

    ReplyDelete