Tuesday, July 21, 2015

5 - Passion

My Search for Passion



               Hello again everyone!!! This time, let's talk about passion.  

               What is passion? A dictionary would say that it is the object of one’s interest or enthusiasm. It is an intense and overpowering emotion that drives people to do great things. The interests of human beings are mostly cultivated during the pre-adolescent stage. It is the period of time where we can find our strengths and weaknesses, what we do best and what we do worst. That is where things get different for me.


                Ever since I was young, I was a happy go lucky type of person. I was carefree and thought only of the present and the immediate future. I thought very little of the consequences of my action and because of that, I developed a shallow way of thinking. In terms of ability, I could say I’m very blessed. Even though I look like this, you shouldn’t underestimate my memory. I could understand faster than my peers and I was one of the smartest in class. But because of my way of thinking, I never tried my hardest to be on top. I played around all throughout elementary and high school. I depended too much on the thought that with my abilities, I could do anything. I know now that I was wrong, and because of that, I never got to focus on one thing. When others started to develop their talents and skills in a single area, I was switching through many activities that I only found entertaining. But none of them made my heart stay. In that way, I never found my passion in high school. Time continued to flow and I was running out of time. Without a certain passion, It would be hard to choose a course for college.


Graduation came and everything passed by in a flash. In some way or another, I ended up in a maritime school and studied to become a seaman. At first, it was sort of interesting because I’ve never done the activities there before. We manually cut bars of metal with a hack saw. But, just like everything else, it failed to hold my interest for long and soon, it got boring. It was no longer interesting or challenging. It was only tiring. My boredom, coupled with my loneliness away from family and a series of terrible events happening, one of which is the mega storm Hayan, I started to think deeply. What have I been doing all these years? I was regretting my foolish actions. I mourned for the lost time that was gone forever. I dived deep into my consciousness thinking what I should have done and what I should be doing. After a great deal of head pain, I’ve finally decided. I realized that the computer has held my interest the longest. I was good in manipulating information and socializing. It also hit me that with technology and its evolution, I would never get bored! The best place that I could find to cultivate my talents is obviously here in APC where I am provided a lot of opportunities for development and growth.



Currently, I am trying to turn into a new leaf. I vowed to myself that I will do everything in my power to finish what I started. This is my final chance and I am not willing in the slightest to waste it. With this determination, I will succeed in life. I will never make the same big mistakes again. Because this time, I’ve found my passion, which is technology. My name is Jade Ericson Adriano, thank you for listening to my humble speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment