Tuesday, July 21, 2015

6 - Bad Habits

Procrastination


                One of the greatest enemies of all students in the world, defined as the act of postponing something to be done for a later time, is known as procrastination. A procrastinator on the other hand… is obviously a person who delays important activities to be done at a later time. One example of such a person…. Would be me. If you have observed, this is actually my fourth post for the day. Although I originally created my other posts beforehand… I procrastinated on actually publishing it… (My bad).


But my point on writing this post is to get rid of exactly that sort of bad habit. I say to you that countless of times already, procrastination has put me on dire straits. This time is one of those times. But upon sharing my thoughts on this, I hope some change will occur to me… yeah I know, wishful thinking. T-T


The following are some of the reasons, according to my own observations, why people procrastinate:


1.       You see, the problem with most people is that they trust too much on their abilities to finish things under pressure. This might even be viewed as a form of arrogance. Some people think that they could squeeze out more of their potential under time pressure. But hey! Even though I went through countless dire straits because of procrastination, I still manage to pull through somehow. Maybe that’s why I am like this in the first place.  L


2.       People get distracted easily. Whenever a person has something important to do, they would start getting curious about a bunch of useless irrelevant things. For example, you have an English exam tomorrow, but suddenly with a flash of curiosity, you started reading scientific articles! There are so much more examples of this and you don’t know how many times this has happened to already. (You also don’t want to know.)


3.       The most common, most obvious reason of them all… people are lazy. Don’t you just want to sit on your sofa the whole day, watching movies while eating chips? Some people even consider this the ideal life. One of my close friends actually said that his motto is, “If I can do it tomorrow, why do it today?” and I couldn’t stop laughing about the way he said it. XD



If you want to get rid of procrastination, the easiest way to do it is to find inspiration. Whether it is your family or your crush, your choice. As long as that person or even a thing, is something you hold important. Because for their sake, you are willing to push through the temptation of sloth. That because you can’t bear seeing them worry about you that you would work hard. So that when the time comes, on the moment that death comes knocking at your door, you would regret nothing.

1 comment:

  1. You are right, we should not procrastinate whenever we have some things to do. Because the tendency is we are in a hurry that we cannot make something correct. That is why we commit more mistakes when we procrastinate than doing it a head of time.

    ReplyDelete