Monday, August 3, 2015

7. SoCSIT Week

A Week of Excitement

       Tuesday of the 28th day of the month July, on the year 2015. A celebration like no other started on the spacious parking lot of Asia Pacific College. It was a hot afternoon, but the students were protected by the shade of tall and sturdy trees. It gave off an air of celebration and merriment as we donned our 90's attire, standing tall and proudly. My classmates and I exuded confidence as we held up the large banner designed by Mr. Dartegnian Velarde, walked with dignity around the venue. We also took our time to enjoy the atmosphere and satisfied our eyes with the overwhelming performance of the APC Dance Company, and of course, the dazzling beauty of the candidates for Ms. SoCSIT.



     The next day, we attended the, perhaps, the most anticipated event of the week, which is the Fame of Shame. Not only did we attend, we also performed in front of the watchful eyes of the audience. In fact, my group and I were the first to perform. It was nerve-wracking and I can feel the nervousness of my team mates. With incredible effort, we performed our practiced act. Yet after all that, we were SHAMED!!! ugh. It instantly became a terrible day for me and my team mates. But as they say, there is always a silver lining on every cloud. The so called "punishment", could not exactly be called a punishment. We were forced to drink a beverage of unknown origin and I couldn't dare to imagine the smell of such drink, much less actually do it. So I held my breath and drank the cup of its content in one go. Contrary to my expectation of a sour and bitter drink, it was actually quite sweet. In fact, it tasted like OREO! I almost spit it out because of the incoherence from my expectations, but fortunately, I was able to hold it in and actually savor the taste. Afterwards, I looked forward to the rest of the performances with a slight disappointment in my heart, but nevertheless, I enjoyed it. So no harm done. :)

       Thursday wasn't as productive as the first two days. I was actually expecting the Sushi Eating Contest that was written on the schedule, hoping to participate in it, and at the same time, satisfying my hunger. But sadly, no such event took place. My meager allowance was reduced further and ate lunch with a slightly grumbling mood. Although there weren't much event in the day, upon nightfall was a big event. A sought after competition between the greatest beauties of the SoCSIT Department. But sadly yet again, I was too tired to attend it, in addition to the dangers present when going home at night. But of course, I didn't just let the beauties be left unseen so I went to facebook the next day and saw their graceful appearances. It made me, and also my classmates, incomparably proud that our SS151 took home the bacon for Ms. SoCSIT that night, and I didn't fail to congratulate her the next instant that I saw Ms. Kayla Julian.

      But as they always say, every good thing has an end, so I will just say the Thursday was the end of the SoCSIT week for me. Although I wasn't able to participate in every event, in the very least, I was able to enjoy the week. Some days may have been quite disappointing but that just spices up my journey on my New Life. 

      Right now, as I reminisce on the events that took place last week, I can certainly say that it was a truly a merry and exciting week.












No comments:

Post a Comment