Saturday, August 22, 2015

12 - My Friend From Japan

New Preferences




            Ever since the start of my new college life, I’ve been hanging out with friends constantly when in school and in going home. One of these friends of mine is a person who grew up mostly in Japan. His name is Vincent Junior Huliganga. You can find out more about him through his blog (huligangavincent.blogspot.com).
           
            As a lover of Japanese culture, I couldn’t help getting close to this person who could experience firsthand what I could only imagine in my dreams. He is a person who grew up in a culture much different from where I grew up. As my friends and I, continue to mingle with each other, an inevitable result would be the influence we would deal among us. Even though I may have influenced my friends a bit, I must say that I am heavily influenced by this man, so much that I even try to learn speaking in Japanese. Haha. Not that I have much hope for it though. Still, I try. XD

            In addition to the words I learned through listening to anime, I am also learning a lot from Vince. Although I don’t expect to master the language soon, I indeed, came to know some basic Japanese words and sentence structures. For example, The Japanese word, “suwaru”, means sit. If you want to ask someone to sit, you say, “suware”. If you want to sound polite, you say, “suwarinasai”. Another example would be, if you want to say “stop”, you say, “yamete” or “yamero”. If you want to sound polite, you say, “yametekodasai”. Whenever I have the chance, I try to speak in Japanese in front of Vince so he could correct me if I’m wrong. XD

            Of course, as we get to know each other, we also get to know each other’s hobbies. Lately, courtesy of Mr. Vincent Junior Huliganga, I’ve found yet another addicting pastime. Deemo, a piano music rhythm video game created by Rayark Inc. It has a unique collection of music that would surely give you the LSS. Some people even notice me humming the tune of Wings of Piano, or singing some parts of Utopiosphere that I could understand (cuz’ you know, Japanese vocalist).

            Furthermore, I’ve been listening to Japanese songs which Vince plays in his iPhone. I quite like them because some of them are familiar to me because they are the opening theme songs of animes, such as One Piece, Naruto, Air Gear, Shokugeki no Soma, and many more.


            Over all, the point I’m trying to stress out is that after meeting Vince, my preferences have been inclining more and more to the Japanese culture. It’s not all that bad. Something new is something good as long it doesn’t hurt anyone! Besides, I’ve always been interested in Japan even prior to meeting Vince. He just served to further my interest in it. So with this, I dedicate this post to Mr. Vincent Junior Huliganga. Thanks. J

4 comments:

  1. I agree Vince is a good friend, through him you'll learn more about Japanese language and culture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bro. And just as you mentioned, there are parts that are still wrong:
    If you want to sound polite, you say, “suwarinasai”-suwarinasai is a demand to others, suwattekudasai is a polite way to say sit down.
    Yametekodasai-yametekudasai
    if you want to say “stop”, you say, “yamete” or “yamero”- (Addition)"Tomare"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like I still have a lot to learn Vince-sensei. XD

      Delete
  3. Totally think vincent is really cool, not because he's form japan. well maybe because he's from japan, anyways, vincent if you're reading this, ignorance is bliss my friend

    ReplyDelete